Benefits of Drinking Excess Water
Let’s make this clear at the beginning. Nothing in excess is good, not even water. Try having twenty glasses of water at one go and you will feel the pain. But that being said, our definition of excess water, is water intake above normal and there can be plenty of instances you would need more water than normal.
Water is life. It is one of the major components of the human body without which it is impossible to survive. 60 to 70 percent of our body is composed of water and its regular and adequate consumption have innumerous health benefits associated with it. The major benefits of drinking excess water that is around 12 to 15 glasses of water every day are mentioned below.
- Reduces fatigue – With less water, the blood volume drops and makes the heart work harder than it normally does. This reduces the efficiency of the body and may result in fatigue leading to dehydration. Drinking enough water helps maintain the blood volume and all the major organs function just as they should.
- Improves your mood – Even the mildest of dehydration can have a negative impact on your mood and hamper your ability to think straight. Studies reveal that staying well hydrated can improve your mood, help in proper cognitive function and also help you stay happy. The lighter the color of your urine, the better your level of hydration is. If you pass deep colored urine, it means you are getting dehydrated.
- Treats migraine and headache – People who suffer from regular headache or migraine should resort to drinking excessive water every day before popping various pills in their mouth. Dehydration results in headache and migraine and that too severe ones. With excessive intake of water, the intensity of headache reduces considerably.
- Flushes out toxins – Water is a great detoxifier that helps flush out all kinds of toxins from your body and also eliminates waste through urine and sweat. It reduces kidney stones by diluting those minerals and salts in our urine that cause such stones in the first place. The kidney functions properly with excessive water intake.
- Helps digestion – Proper water intake helps to improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract which aids in digestion and prevents constipation from taking place. Constipation occurs when colon pulls out water from your stool in order to maintain hydration in the body thereby making it hard and difficult to pass.
- Regulates body temperature – Adequate amount of water in the body regulates the body temperature. Water helps heat to get released from the body in the form of sweat and this helps maintain a proper body temperature.
- Makes your skin quite healthy – Drinking excess water has innumerous benefits on your skin. Water improves the blood flow in your capillary and promotes younger-looking and healthy skin with every passing day. Water replenishes the skin tissues, moisturizes it from within and also increases the skin’s elasticity thereby making it firmer and tighter than before. It soon gets a fresh, soft and glowing look which is hard to miss. Sufficient water in the system helps treat fine lines, wrinkles scars, acne and other similar aging symptoms with ease.